One of the most strategic elements to information technology is security. Securing your assets from outside interferences or attacks is paramount.
Security is Paramount
You must protect yourself against hackers, viruses, malware, adware, malicious attacks and denial of service.
In today's world you must implement technologies that have the capability to protect your investment in your infrastructure, personal computers and servers.
Below are listed some of the areas you should consider when looking at security:
- Identify the risks (both minor and major) involved to connecting to the outside world
- Understand typical security solutions
- Understand legal issues when using the Internet
- Understand the tools that protect you against attackers
- Secure your data and intellectual property
- Define security policies and compliance